Sarah Kidd – Participant, Ski Group
“Some people say I have a way with words; I’m not so sure, but as I reflect on the amazing week that we as VIPs have had and think of all that you’ve done for us, putting my nerves to one side is the very least that I can do to say thank you.
“There aren’t really the right words to express just how incredibly grateful we are to absolutely everybody who has made this Jumbulance ski trip possible. I’m sure I speak on behalf of all of us when I say I am in absolute admiration of the work, dedication and selflessness that goes into making an amazing trip like this so successful.
“Some of the greatest challenges in life are often compared to mountains, and when you live with a physical and or learning disability, day to day life can be a struggle, but you teach us to work with those mountains. Being able to leave our wheelchairs behind and experience the fun and freedom of adaptive skiing, to me there really is no greater feeling.
“You enable us to leave our disability behind and out there on the mountains we just feel so free. You always take the time to celebrate our achievements but we think you are the ones who deserve a medal. Please never underestimate the phenomenal difference that you make. We leave with so much more than we came with and that’s all thanks to you. You have enabled us to achieve more than we ever dreamed would be possible!”
Volunteer Carer, London Polish Pilgrimage to Lourdes, April 2013
“I would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest and most sincere appreciation for the efforts of our two drivers, Colin and Graham, for all the efforts they made to make this experience a positive and meaningful one for all. I truly appreciated the personal contact I had with both gentlemen. I found them open and engaging. We shared a number of activites that made the long drives bearable. Whether it was sharing lattes at a local coffee bar or putting up with long-winded stories on my part they were gracious and fun to be with. My cudos to them and to your organisation for employing such men as these.”
Some of the wonderful comments we have received from the Jumbulance Skiing Trip to Austria in January:
- Just had the most incredible week of my life achieving something I never thought would be possible. Words can’t even begin to describe it, and it’s all thanks to an amazing group of people! The level of care was absolutely fantastic; nothing was ever too much trouble. Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart to everyone who helped to make it happen!
- Back from an amazing week in Austria Skiing with Jumbulance Trust, Disability Snowsport UK and a whole bunch of amazing people. Once again I’m reminded what a positive, can-do attitude can deliver! How long should we give Brendan Kelly before we start pestering to organise the next trip!
- Have been challenged, moved and inspired by an amazing experience with the Jumbulance Trust in Austria this week, what a privilege! Haven’t laughed so much in ages… Thanks to all the VIPS and the ‘special’ sleep-deprived people that made it happen!
- Just got home from one of the BEST weeks of my life. AMAZING week in Austria skiing, made some AWESOME new friends for life!!
- Big thank you to everyone on the Jumbulance Trust ski trip to Austria. What a great week. Everyone worked so hard but it’s so worth it. Thanks for sharing experiences and photos. I wish I could go to sleep now…
- Our son Rupert, has just had the most amazing ski trip on the Jumbulance to Austria. We cannot thank Brendan and his team enough for taking him.
Lady Sarah Cohen Care Home
“I had to write to you to say on behalf of my residents what a fantastic day we had! We haven’t stopped talking about our trip to Wobun Safari! Brendan was brilliant and he is an asset to your company. My residents are in the advanced stages of dementia and although we try to go out as much as possible from the home there are some that miss out so having the Jumbulance was a dream come true! The impact on their well-being is heart warming.”
The Crescent Care Home, Bedford
“Thank you for the excellent service provided during our trip to Hunstanton. The facilities on board were great and our residents thoroughly enjoyed travelling with the Jumbulance. We would especially like to thank the driver Graham who was accommodating and helpful throughout the trip. We hope to travel with you again.”
Taymer Nursing Home, Silsoe, Beds
“We would like to thank you all for making the day trip to Towcester Races such a memorable one. The residents had such a great day out that they were talking about it for the rest of hte month! Please pass on our thanks to our driver for the day, Graham, for his care and for looking after us all so well. Without a service like yours it would make life very difficult for us to take out someof our less able residents. You do a really good job and we can’t thank you enough. Keep up the good work!!”
Hadley Lawns Nursing Home, Barnet
“On behalf of the residents and staff at Hadley Lawns I want to say a big thank you for making our trip to Southend a very enjoyable one. Everyone was impressed with the fully equipped coach and a big thank you to Brendan, our driver who got us there and back safely, he was so caring and considerate. We shall book you again in the future and will recommend the Jumbulance.”