JUMBULANCE HOLIDAY TO HOLLAND 5th – 12th MAY 2019
We travel to De Rijp, a small traditional Dutch town located about an hour north of Amsterdam, featuring pretty houses set alongside Holland’s ubiquitous canals and waterways. The whole area being lush green farmland reclaimed from the sea many years ago and still features many of the wooden windmills used for pumping water. It is an ideal centre from which to explore the area without having to drive a large distance each day.
Holland is a location we have visited many times and have great experience of both the various places to visit and the best routes to get to the area.
- We travel via Eurotunnel using from Folkestone to Calais. The journey from Calais to De Rijp, Holland, is around 250 miles or approx 5 hours.
- Passengers may travel in their wheelchairs, in a bed or transfer to a seat. As a rule electric wheelchairs can only be accommodated if the person travels in it.
Hotel De Rijper Eilanden in De Rijp.
It is a large and well equipped hotel. There is a roomy furnished bar, lounge and dining room plus lots of outside space to enjoy. The staff are friendly and helpful and the owner, Lucy, will do everything possible to make a stay at her hotel comfortable. Bedrooms are very large, easily accessible and have huge bathrooms.
The Hotel is located a short and accessible walk from De Rijp town.
If you want to look it up on the internet go to http:/www.drijpereilanden.nl
- For the journey,light meals and drinks are included with the Jumbulance
- Travel on the Jumbulance each way via Eurotunnel
- Half Board accommodation at the Hotel De Rijper Eilanden.
- Excursions: see provisional itinerary
- Entry to Keukenhof Gardens
- The cost is £950 per person based on two people sharing twin bed rooms. Single room supplements apply.
|Sunday 5th||Travel to Holland on board the Jumbulance arriving at the Hotel in the evening|
|Monday 6th||A quiet day to rest at the Hotel and explore De Rijp, have lunch in one of the village cafes.|
|Tuesday 7th||See the world renowned flower gardens of Keukenhof at Lisse, a must for any visit at this time of year. You may look up the website at http://www.keukenhof.nl/en/|
|Wednesday 8th||Visit Amsterdam, the capital of Holland, and its amazing sights, the canals, architecture, squares, pretty streets. We can arrange an accessible canal cruise around the city.|
|Thursday 9th||We travel to the quaint villages of Volendam with an accessible boat trip to Marken.|
|Friday 10th||Experience the famous weekly cheese market at Alkmeer, a small town near De Rijp where local produce is sold in the town square.|
|Saturday 11th||See the old fishing town of Harlingen, a lovely place to eat lunch looking over the water and pick up some gifts to take home.|
|Sunday 12th||Return home leaving the hotel around 9am|