The Jumbulance is a mode of accessible coach travel that enables those with disabilities, severe illnesses or significantly dependent individuals to travel in safety and comfort. Its unique on-board features include:
- An easy accessible lift, suitable for wheelchair users;
- Floor tracking and clamps for up to 6 wheelchairs
- Comfortable stretcher trolley beds;
- Luxury reclining seats;
- A large accessible washroom/w.c;
- Ample storage for wheelchairs and luggage;
- Facilities for making hot drinks and light snacks on board
- Full air conditioning
- Emergency medical equipment including defibrillator, suction and resuscitation units, oxygen and mobile hoist.
A full specification of both of our jumbulances can be viewed here.
The Trust has two modern vehicles that have provision for securing wheelchairs and stretcher beds to special tracking in the floor. We have a team of drivers, all of whom are experienced in caring for the special needs of those who are unwell or disabled.
We cater for Groups of up to 23, normally 10 disabled and 13 carers who wish to travel together on holiday or for a day outing. We can suggest many places of interest and venues both in the UK and throughout Europe, all of which have appropriate specialist facilities.
Is a Jumbulance suitable for my journey?
We employ friendly, caring and experienced drivers who understand the needs of the disabled and sick. Jumbulances are suitable for long distance travel throughout Europe, often driving throughout the night, but are also available for use in the UK where their more comprehensive facilities would be advantageous.