In six acres of gardens and woodland, Le Fosso has two stone built houses full of character offering a mixture of accommodation for groups with special needs.
Special attention is given throughout to accessibility for people with reduced mobility, and wheelchair users.
In both houses there are roll-in showers and support bars in all bathrooms, and wide doors in all rooms. There are only two rooms ensuite but there are plenty of bathrooms adjacent to all the rooms. There is an extra dining room in the Cider house, complete with kitchen and washing machines etc, which can be used for evening entertainment.
Breakfast is continental, with plenty of local bread, fruit and juice. Dinner at 7.30pm is 4 courses including local wine plus tea/coffee. Annie the chef lives on the next farm and supplies all the fresh vegetables. As Le Fosso only has a total of 27 beds ( bunks can be added if required).
Mike and Hilary Townsend the owners, are most welcoming and do their utmost to make the holiday a success. They offer full board, half board or self-catering, we had the half board option. They have a list of 63 activities available, including guided visits and themed days and will make all bookings, and will accompany groups on outings if required. This is invaluable, as Mike knows the routes to take, the parking places and will give a commentary on the history of the places visited.
Places of interest and well worth a visit:
- Rennes the capital city in Brittany
- Medieval town visits to Dinan, Josselin or Ploelmel
- Street markets in Lamballe,or Pontivy or Josselin
- Sea side at Val-Andre and Cap Frehel
- River boat trip on the river Blavet near Pontivy
- Boat trip on the Guerledan lake at Mur de Bretagne
Le Fosso has been recommended as a suitable venue for Jumbulance groups for the following reasons:
- Just over 7 hours from Calais.
- Sole use of the site.
- Mike and Hilary are so helpful and dedicated to making the visit memorable.
- By next year alterations will result in more ensuite rooms.
If you would like to speak with a Group Leader who has previously travelled to this hotel please contact the office and we will be more than happy to put you in touch.
Tel: 00 33 2 96284797